Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday Favorites

Oh happy day!  Oh happy Friday!  I'm reveling in the plans for our weekend and can't wait until 6 pm this evening when the weekend actually begins. 


For this week's Friday Faves:

1. English Muffins.  Good for breakfast, lunch, dinner.  We obsess over enjoy a fried egg on just about anything.  A Saturday morning staple for us is an English muffin sandwich with a little bit of olive oil mayo and a fried egg {salt and peppered well of course}. You can use these muffins in many different ways.  For a healthier version of mini pizzas for example.   Just take one muffin and spread marinara sauce over and sprinkle a little cheese and oregano and a turkey pepperoni or two and pop in the oven.  Super simple and if you are into portion control {which lawd knows we all should be} then this is a good option for lunch or for dinner along with a small green salad.


2.  Smitten Kitchen website. http://smittenkitchen.com/  Hmmmm…have I mentioned this site before?  Maybe here or here  ; ) Third time’s a charm, right?  I’m tellin ya, check it out. 'Nuff said.



3. Basil.  I love basil in just about every dish.  So fresh, fragrant, clean tasting.  I decided to get a teeny little basil plant to keep in the kitchen until I’m able to plant it in the herb garden.  I hope this is no sign of what’s to come.  My thumb best be green with all the gardners in the family.  It’s got to be genetic, right?!?  Let’s hope so!  Until then, I’m initiating “Operation Save the Basil.”  This is purely shameful but here’s a current pic of the poor ole thing. Horrific I know.  I believe I have now read every online article there is on indoor and outdoor plants and gardening in preparation of what’s to come in our backyard.  I CANNOT let this happen to another plant!  Unacceptable.





4. Five pound dumbbells.  With Spring fast approaching, now is the time to think about getting back in shape.  Enter my trusty ole dumbbells I've had for years.  These are light enough to not bulk you up like The Hulk but heavy enough to give some tone and definition.  Great to use while watching tv.  Mix that with some crunches during commercial breaks and your exercising without even thinking about it!  For habitual DVR users {myself included}, purposely let the commercials actually play out.  No fast forwarding if you're going to use this time for some light exercise.
   
<><> <><> <><>
Someone else likes them too!

5.    Spicy Bloody Mary Crostini.  These are out of this world, super yum!  I can't get enough of them.  They are spicy and cheesy and light and airy all at one time.  One guess where this snack comes from.  Wait for it...Roswell Provisions of course!  Every now and again if we've been super frugal, I'll treat myself to some.  These come in handy if you need an afternoon snack or some nibbly things prior to a dinner party.  Love em!  Keep the good stuff coming RP!

<><> <><> <><>
Note that this is what the basil {in background} originally looked like
So depressing but "Operation Save the Basil" should work...hopefully!

Hope you've enjoyed my Friday Faves and I hope you enjoy your weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment