Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weekend Update

Our weekend was quite lovely.  Since I have a slight “case of the Monday’s,” even though it's Tuesday, my post will be a bit condensed. Ha!  : )  All in all, we had just the right amount of fun and just the right amount of rest over the weekend.  Well, at least, I would say so on the balance of fun and rest…hubby might have a differing opinion from slaving away  diligently working in the garden with me.  We did actually have a great time gardening together.  It’s very therapeutic getting your hands in the soil as well as great fun for your relationship!  "Building" something from {literally} the ground up with your spouse.  I adore all those little things we do together that keep us so close!  I so enjoyed the digging, tilling, raking, planting.  Such good exercise and a good start to our little outdoor grocery store!  Tomatoes and more peppers still to come.  I'm debating adding carrots.






These are the before shots.  Of course I forgot to get the after!
Will post some as our little garden grows.

Saturday evening, we got washed up from our gardening extravaganza and put on our finest attire to attend the opening of a new restaurant on Canton Street.  This was “invitation only” so you imagine how VIP we felt strutting up to the door.  Yes, I said strutting. Little Alley Steakhouse is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.   The decor is trendy yet serene and the food is…well…the only word I can think of to describe it.  Exquisite!!!!  So refined. Our dear friend, at another restaurant on Canton Street, hooked us up with the invite so we were able to have fabulous food and drink for FREEEEEEE!!!!  Yes, I was giddy with excitement that something this good, GRAND, could be free.  When "they" say “it pays to know people,” they {whoever “they” are} mean it!  Networking, folks!  It’s so so worth it!  : )  

We had a great time Saturday night and know the restaurant is going to be a huge success.  Opening to the public last night, the buzz around town is that this restaurant is a force to be reckoned with! I'm so pleased how wonderfully it's been received.  Ahhh….and I’m so excited to go back soon whenever that may be!  Their website is not yet completed, so you have to “like” them on facebook which I HIGHLY recommend!  We sampled the Kobe meatballs, the Angus steak, the center-cut filet, and the jumbo shrimp.  All fabulous!!!

Sunday was more of our rest day, as it should be.  Church, then a teeny little bit more yard work, then a date night with Oscar and some jazzed up spaghetti.  Great end to another great weekend!



Hmmm, so is it Friday yet?  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment