Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm Back!

Please excuse my brief blog hiatus!  We've been busy little Bowden bees.  Let's see, where do I begin?  I won't be able to shrink the last week or so into one blog so I'll let the photos do most of the talking.  I will say, my husband is soooo sweet!  Valentine's day, as promised, was quite a treat and we had the best weekend a girl could ask for.  Then, as if that's not enough loveliness {gag, I know!}, I had President's day off and am proud to say have checked many o things off my to do list.  If only every week was a four day work week.  Sigh. 
Over the course of the last eight days, we've tried some new recipes, worked on the house {in the cheapest ways possible of course...it truly is amazing what a can of paint can do!}, organized and finalized our merging of assets finances and how we'll handle them as a new married couple, and many other things!

I was invited to go with one of my besties to tour her wedding venue over the weekend.  The locale is top secret till those invites go out but I will hint towards the super cute and fabulous.  Can't wait to see her marry the love of her life come summer.  Then, I top it all off with a emergency much needed hair appointment last night after work.  They sure do pamper ya at Soda Salon which is so nice and relaxing and fun all at the same time.  My girl, Courtney doesn't disappoint nor does the glass of Pinot Noir they serve you after a long, tiresome work day.  Husband has enjoyed some time with his buddies which he needs just like I need time with the girls every now and again.  And hello!  So looking forward to continuing our inaugural ladies' Supper Club!!  Next one is in March!
 
In the midst of all our to do's and newlywed nesting, we still have yet to get to the garden.  It's been revolving on my list for a week and a half and this weekend I'm determined {weather permitting} to at least get the ground ready.  Stay tuned!  Recap of last week/end in photos below.

~Valentine's Day Goodies~






~Southwestern Pulled Brisket~  Full Recipe coming soon...courtesy of Smitten Kitchen


Serve alongside french bread or garlic bread.



~Chalkboard Paint~

This paint is brilliant!  Sold at Joann Fabric.  Turned my old pink rose picture into a chalkboard for our dining room!  Total project cost...$6.99. 






~Jalapeno Popper Dip~

Serve with chips or smear on french baguette

~Grocery Store Spending...ideas continued...~

This adorable bag was a wedding shower gift from my dear friend, Sue Ellen.  Who, by the way, just had her beautiful baby boy!!!  Congrats again!!!  As discussed in another post on Grocery Store Spending and how to cut costs, another idea popped into my head.  I decided to use this bag for groceries{along with one other small Publix tote}and whatever groceries are on my list for the week must fit into these bags only {save for the dog food and kitten chow which we buy in bulk and those barely fit in my SUV let alone this bag!}.  Of course, paper towels, t.p, cleaning supplies and the like are also bought on occasion and in bulk so they don't apply here. This is meant for food purchases for the week.  Basically, if something doesn't fit, I can't get it or I have to decide on something to put back.  Last week was my first run at it and it worked perfectly!  I'm determined to continue.



I'll leave ya with some more pics of our cute little munchkins!  Sheesh, I really can't wait eight days again to blog!  Too much to recount!

Please get off of me already!  ~Sushi

Okay, fine then, I'll bite you and walk away!  ~Sushi

Dad consoling Abbey after Sushi abandoned fled from her.  Poor Abbey.




No comments:

Post a Comment