Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Chair Update

We have been lucky enough to receive some pretty amazing antique family heirlooms to fill our new home with and I wanted to share some updates on a beautiful rocking chair that came from my paternal grandmother! The bones of the chair were in pretty great condition considering it's age. It just needed some lovin and updating.  I share the same affection for this piece as I do for our gorgeous farm table mentioned here.  I must say that besides it's history, the best part of this rocker is the fact that I get to rock my sweet baby Brooks to sleep in it! I know my Meme is looking down from Heaven happy to see that her rocking chair is being put to good use!

If you adore antiques like I do, don't give up on them simply because they need some work.  Do what you can to bring them back to life!  Has anyone done any fun updates recently?!  I'd love to hear! ; )


Before {my dad removed the old cushion and stained it}:

 

 
After {I picked the pretty fabric from Joanne's}:



 
  
 
I used the left over fabric in frames near the entryway.  These frames will eventually
get a fresh coat of white paint when I can get around to it : )
 
Upclose pic of the fabric.  I love the Greek Key, maze pattern look of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment