Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Dining Room Before and After

Moving into a new home at nearly 8 months pregnant brings a whole new definition to the word "nesting." I quite literally went through each room with a design plan in mind {equipped with folders and inspiration boards} and my body clock ticking away. How would we ever bring a baby into a house that didn't have new curtains, couches, blinds, rugs, paint, etc.  Wow, I was a total mom-zilla!  My poor husband didn't stand a chance. Shout out to all the daddy's out there who put up with their wife's pregnancy hormones!

Needless to say, everything did not get done before the baby came and we still have tons to do.  And that turned out to be A.OK.  Silly me.  I would advise anyone moving while pregnant to take a breath, relax and just focus on the baby's room...not the entire house.  Frankly, your baby won't care at all about your decorations and design. They simply want to eat and sleep and be loved. ; ) After Brooks was born and I got accustomed to our "new normal," we added a few more things to the dining room.  So here it is, before and after.  We still have some work to do {paint, new lighting fixture} but so far so good!

Before {a mess!}:



After:










































 
  
 
 
 
 
 

 
The crown jewel of this space is the farm table.  The reclaimed wood is from our land in South Ga and my sweet daddy went on a mission to get it from an old, nearly dilapidated house located there.  After quite a few nine yellow jacket stings...bless his heart, the wood was removed, stained, and put together by Mr. Dan Bolton. We even have a Roman Numeral IX carved in the leg of one side of the table in remembrance of my dad's yellow jacket encounter!  I am obsessed with this table!!  Not only for it's beauty but for the story behind it as well.  Over 100 year old wood that now looks rich and vibrant.  What more could a girl want?!  And I'm the lucky one who gets to have her family sit down at it every night at dinner.  Even if we're having takeout for dinner...Dylan, Brooks and I make it a priority to enjoy time together here every evening. In this space. At this table. Where we'll watch Brooks grow from his highchair to a real chair.  Making memories? Yes, please! : )

Before {the original wood}:



After:


 




 


Shopping Sources:
Rug- Rooms to Go
Curtains- Wayfair
Moss Balls- Joanne's Fabric
Peacock Feathers-425 Market Place Antiques
Mirror- Gift from a friend : )
Painting- Kirkland's (I've had this for about 3 years)
Dining Room Chairs:  Another gift, I repainted them white
Brown Placemats- Bed, Bath and Beyond
Gold Charger's- Michael's
Brown & White Willow Salad Plates- Home Goods
White Dinner Plate- Our wedding china

No comments:

Post a Comment