Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Favorites


When I first started my little blog a few years back, I did a Friday Favorites themed post.  Without further delay, and an actual request for it {what what?!}, I've brought it back!  These are just some fun things I've come across recently that I love! 

Pure Barre.

Thanks to my sweet friend Lauren, my postpartum mommy figure is on it's way back to fighting shape! Pure Barre has been a fun, challenging exercise for me!  I can really tell it's starting to tone me up and give me more energy.  There are tons of locations- I highly recommend this if you need to mix up or add to your current exercise regimen. 

http://purebarre.com/


Skinny Girl Nutrition Bar.

In keeping with the healthy theme here, I must mention my new favorite snack bar!  Skinny Girl Dark Chocolate Pretzel bar has saved me and my sweet tooth!  Ya know how some nutrition bars taste like a mixture of cardboard and chalk kind of gross, well this one is actually delish!! I came across them at Target and picked up a solo bar.  Then, I went back for the entire box to introduce it to my weekly rotation! It's gluten free and only 160 calories with 6 grams of protein.  Not too shabby. Great for an on-the-go breakfast or an afternoon snack! 

 
 

 
Personalized Pillows.
 
I adore anything with a cute little saying on it.  Especially, when the personalized item really is something I say ALL the time!  Love the book that inspired this pillow too!  It came from Home Goods {where else?!} a few months back and is perfect for our house.  I've said this over and over to Brooks since the first time I laid eyes on him!  And probably will continue saying it to him well into his adulthood {I'm sure he'll just love that! lol}.  I love you to the moon and back! 
 
 
 
 
Fresh Flowers.
 
Who doesn't like fresh flowers?  My sweet hubby hooked me up last weekend with two pretty bouquets!  What a sweetie.  Also, our crepe myrtle {Osage is it's accurate name I believe} in the backyard finally decided to bloom about two weeks ago.  I love looking out the kitchen window and seeing its gorgeous large purple blooms! 
 
 
 
A pretty red and yellow arrangement by Brooks's super cute "school" daycare picture.  SWOON!
 
More pretty purple with a little white mixed in.  A little cheese platter never hurt anyone either :)
We do these nibbly cheese platters often!  Especially, for Sunday night supper. 
 
 

 
DIY Wall Art. 
 
A cheap and simple way to jazz up your walls.  The story behind this particular print is a special one!  I found an old letter from my Mama Ruth {my mama's mama} that she'd written me back in 2002. In it, along with her usual sweet words of wisdom, was a statement that hit me like a ton of bricks now but didn't quite resonate with me back then {you know, when you're 19 and basically clueless and not making all the best choices!} Now, I'm so thankful I kept the letter!!  Her note read: "Let prayer be your key for the morning and lock for the night."  How true.  How special.  How perfect! A great reminder that we are not really in charge, are we?  We need His guidance.
 
So I found a super inexpensive frame at Marshall's and typed up the phrase and printed it out in color ink.  Here you have it, DIY wall art! 
 
 
My El cheapo frame didn't even come with a hanger so I snagged this pack from
Joanne's fabric for $1.  Crisis averted! I simply nailed it into the back of the frame.
 
I'm pondering where to hang it but I'm leaning towards Brooks's bathroom.
I'll report back with it's chosen spot soon!
 
 
 
 Hope you enjoy your weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment