Thursday, May 3, 2012

Alive After Five

Alive After Five in Roswell, as mentioned at the end of my last post here {which I'm aware was quite a while ago..apologies for the hiatus again. Ooops} is a nifty little concept that exists the third Thursday of each month on Canton Street.  I must warn that if you aren't into large crowds, this is not the event for you.  If you are, however, diggin' a big scene with lots to see, do, sample {for FREE or some minimal cost} then by all means bust a move to Roswell.  Check out some more in depth details {here}.

This little community means so much to Dylan and I, as the big city life just doesn't appeal like it once did.  Canton Street is trendy, fun, and home to many many great restaurants to boot.  Our faves: Salt, Inc., Roux, Little Alley, Ceviche {and its fun rooftop as mentioned {here}. I like the sushi at Zest {hubby does not eat sushi...insert: sad face, so my experience with their food often involves takeout}, and also a little further down Canton Street, a cool table and tap restaurant called Slate.  All these restaurants participate in Alive After Five among many others.

Live music is up and down the jovial streets during this event and you can even hitch a ride on the cute little trolley if you're feet get tired{or if you just enjoy the idea of a trolley ride like myself}. 

Here are a few photos of the first one we attended a few weeks ago.  Maybe next time we'll see ya there! : )

Busy street!

Outside at Nine where you can enjoy a picnic and bottle of vino
and the only side/back of the head shot that Dylan would allow of himself...silly guy.

More picnic-ers!

A cool car raffle and balloons and snow cones for the kiddies

Another cool car at Roswell Provision.  I wanted to drive it sooo bad.  No luck
in that quest unfortunately.  Maybe next time.

My favorite store, The Painted Monkey, where they made
me this fabulous brown paper sack hat : )

Another reason to love this store: Georgia and Ole Miss represented!

 
I had no plans of removing my hat much to Dylan's dismay. Lol
I mean, all the cool kids were wearing them.

We had dinner at Roux because of a major coupon husband scored!  No photo available for that unfortunatley.  I'm a sucker for their raw oysters and those yummy little hush puppies.  And don't worry, I did finally remove my hat during our time dining. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment