Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Favorites

Ooops! Blogless as of late!  I've had another mini blog hiatus because our sweet little Abbey has had some tummy troubles.  We took her to the vet early this week and all her tests came back fine so we think its just a little stomach bug of some sort.  Either way, she's been babied by us and all of our focus and attention has been towards her this week.  We think she is on the mend because she actually ate her normal food yesterday.  We've had her on a diet of bland canned food from the Vet and gave it a shot again with her regular food yesterday and she ate it!  Whew.

Here are my Friday Faves {which include wrap-ups and pics from last weekend to now}:

1.  Vickory Creek at Old Mill Park.  Last Saturday, we took Abbey for a walk here {she felt great then. This was pre-tummy trouble}.  We visit this spot nearly every weekend because it's so relaxing and pretty.  It's literally not even two miles from our house which we find very cool indeed.  ; )



See the people sitting by the waterfall?

Think I'll take a dip!


2. Two Urban Licks. Oh how I love this restaurant.  Last weekend, we ventured into the city to have dinner here with a fabulous couple.  For three years in a row, in my earlier 20's, I had my birthday at Two so clearly, I'm a huge fan. The mood is great, the food fantastic, and I'm always a sucker for live jazz/blues music. So is hubby! And woooh! Their salmon chips and salad are true delights! And healthy to boot.
Photo via Yelp

3.  Broiled Tilapia with Mustard-Chive Sauce courtesy of Giada de Laurentis.  This is a very very healthy, low cal and low carb dish.  The fish cooks quickly and the entire thing is a cinch to make.  I had Rosemary and Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes with mine and husband had Boiled Red Potatoes with Fat Free Gravy.  My only revision to Giada's recipe would be to back off on the lemon.  I love lemon but sometimes it can be a bit overpowering.  Next time, I'll use half of a small lemon instead. 
The recipe is found here.  So far so good for "Svelte Quest 2012."
Sauce Ingredients: Honey, Greek Yogurt, Dijon, lemon, chives

All into bowl...

Whisk in lemon juice.  Remember waaay less than on recipe!

Drizzle sauce over broiled tilapia...tada!

Dice a small sweet potato into cubes. 
Drizzle with olive oil,
Sprinkle sea salt, rosemary, and thyme.
Bake in the oven at 350 until
golden. 

My healthy meal!
4. Rooftop patio at Ceviche on Canton Street.  Fabulous! I urge everyone in and around Atlanta to go visit.  Dylan and I are so pleased with it and it's a great addition to the restaurant we already love so much.  Note: Their shrimp tacos, skinny margaritas, and Shrimp and Crab Poblano dip are super yum! 
Photo taken with my bberry.  Excuse the minivan!

Enjoy your weekend!  For us: we've got some fun, sham-rockin' stuff planned for St. Patty's Day!  Cleaning and errands in the morning, then getting together with friends at their apartment rooftop, then onto Virginia Highlands for the evening.  Sunday is church, some light yard work, and plenty o rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment