Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sprucing Up A Mantel

One of my favorite blogs, The Lettered Cottage, has a blog post on decorating fireplace mantel's for Spring.  This intrigues me because I literally despise our mantel {its old, hard to clean brick with a tacky gold screen}.  Yuck.  I've gone over in my head what to do with it to add some life to it and possibly make it somewhat easy on the eyes.  Nothing really comes to mind that seems practical.  If we weren't renting the house then, of course, we'd work on a little renovation project but there is no point in putting money into something when you honestly get no return on investment.  So what to do??? A cheap way to spruce up the ugly mantel.  To make it somewhat aesthetically pleasing by putting nick-nacks on top but not doing a thing {other than cleaning the brick} to the fireplace itselfI love these ideas from the Spring Fling Link Party from The Lettered Cottage and am narrowing down how to use decor we already have or find cheap flea market finds to mimic these ideas. Wish me luck!

Photo {via}.  I have an adorable window pane
just like this one and I have mason jars as well!  This could work.


Photo {Simple Details}
I love the sun mirror with the other mirror behind it. Like the layering affect.


Photo {Keeping Up With The Times}
Again, love the layering here.  Already have moss balls,
a mirror, pics this size.  Another contender!

Photo{via}
This is super cute! I love the ceiling tiles with the wreath
and the cotton in the white pitcher to the right. 


Any other ideas?  Send em my way if so!

TBC... 

No comments:

Post a Comment