Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I'm elated that it's finally Friday.  I was starting to get desperate.  This time, because I'm on the home stretch of the Chemical Breakdown diet.  It's been one heck of a ride.  Today is my last full day of it thankfully!  Wednesday and Thursday were pretty rough but I'm pleased to say I pushed through it and have lost weight!  The jeans button easy again!  Whew.  Now, to keep the weight off and lose a teeny bit more.  I've come to realize that the old adage is sometimes true...Beauty is pain! Lol.  OUCH!

Here are my Friday Favorites:

1. Flowers. flowers. And more flowers!  I've been on a kick lately and Trader Joe's never disappoints.  They have a wonderful array to choose from and are soooo cheap!  Here are my arrangements.


Purple Hyacinth. Smells divine.


White Gerber Daisies, mini yellow Roses, Hypericum

2.  Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer.  This self-tan lotion lives up to it's name and truly gives you a natural glow.  You can achieve a sun kissed look without tanning beds or full on sun exposure.  The older I get, the more careful I become with my skin.  Tinted moisturizers, spray tans, etc. are the way to go to skip out on premature wrinkles.  Tanning bed, see ya bye!  Love this stuff!



3. Pink nail polish.  A must have for Spring!  Hot pink nail polish makes me smile.  I'm still obsessed with my Sinful Colors nail polish in Folly which I've mentioned before but wanted to mention again.  It stays on for a good while and doesn't chip easily like other brands.

See, makes me happy! And sassy with my hand on my hip!




4.  Fork Decor.  Know those cute little fork, spoon, and knife pictures and wall sconces that are oh so popular these days?  Well, I tried to keep our house free of this trend.  Then, the inevitable.  Pier One reeled me in.  In my defense, this one is super super cute and on clearance and, ever the hustler, I noticed a slight scratch and talked the manager down even more! Raahahaha! Playing around with where to hang it in our dining room.





5.  Pesto Dip from Alta Cucina.  Last week, we got some of this amazing dip at Roswell Provisions.  Alta Cucina features their items at local shops and farmer's markets, so I was pleasantly surprised they showcased this dip at my favorite store! This is very healthy and soooo delish.  In fact, writing about this favorite on the strict diet/detox I'm currently on is about to push me over the edge so I'll have to stop describing it now!  Ha! Check the website {link above} on how to order their products. You won't regret it!





On our agenda this weekend: Some painting and yard work, a dinner date with a fun couple tomorrow night at Two Urban Licks {salad and grilled fish for me and my waistline}, church, and hopefully a good movie!  Enjoy your wkend! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment