Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend Update

Weekend wedded bliss!  I have to admit that I delightfully soak in every minute of our weekends and this one was no different.  We started out Friday evening with a roaring fire outside in the fire pit and lamb, steak, chicken skewers, and veggies on the grill.  Then, onto a lovely phone date with my dear friend, Kim{Yay for her and Justin's upcoming nuptials!!!}as Dylan had a much needed date with his guitar.







Then, aaahhhh, Saturday morning!  I am fairly certain that I scored some major points with Dylan on Saturday morning.  A fun, sorta swanky lil breakfast for two.  Okay, okay yes I went a bit overboard...in my defense, it was my pride, my love affair with the Food Network, my desire to always want something to look pretty and special, I could go on...

I'll give ya a quick rundown.  I made my mama's scrumptious breakfast casserole.  Sorry, I cannot divulge the recipe as she has sworn me to secrecy {which I totally understand}.  Just glad she shared it with me!



To accompany this hearty breakfast dish, I made a side of balsamic strawberries with a dab of whipped cream.  A few slices of orange as well.



Just drizzle good quality aged balsamic vinegar and a little bit of sugar,
cover with cling wrap, and into the fridge for a bit to soak in all the flavors

Best Balsamic Vinegar from Roswell Provisions.  I speak of Roswell Provisions A LOT, I know. 
But when a fab place like this exists, I find an obligation to impart the news to you. 

Husband was happy about the food itself, for sure. However, he was just as pleased with it's "outfit!" Sometimes its fun to dress up breakfast, isn't it? : )


The little parfait dish is actually a very old
champagne flute from my Grandma's house

We relished in our food coma for a bit then onto cleaning house.  It always feels spectacular to have a clean house.  We focused on outside maintenance as well.  Have to give a shout out to our new friend, Mr. Ryobi Leaf Blower Attachment.  Works wonders and saves Dylan from the backbreaking work of sweeping our long driveway.


Upon finishing our necessary housework, we saddled up the pup put on Abbey's leash and headed to the river at Old Mill Park.  So nice that it's only a mile from our house and so easy to get Abbey there and get some exercise. 






Tuckered out!
After our hike, we stopped back through Canton Street to run into Roswell Provisions. Yes, we're obsessed.  Since we had exhausted little Abbey with us, I sat in the car while Dylan went in to pick up a snack for us.  We needed to fuel up from our rigorous walk and hold out for a few hours until our dinner date that night.  Of course, there is a funny, really random story coming.  Husband comes bounding back to the car laughing hysterically.  Me: "what is so funny???"  Dylan: "some man has a monkey in the store!"  Whaaaaa????  Immediatley, I get out of the car, camera in tow, to document this!  Roswell Provisions is a really really nice store so I was surprised this could be true and thought Dylan was messing with me.  He sits in the car with Abbey while I go in. Lo and Behold! What do I see?  A man with a monkey.






This little fella was precious.  His conductor outfit was so cute and super funny but it was the sucker he was eating that was a riot.   No, this was no random man with a monkey in this fancy store.  It was a trainer that they'd obviously hired to put on a little show.  And a show it was.  Hey, good for business!  That store is always crowded but this time...packed!  I was a little wary of getting too close to ole Curious George but a little girl in the store let him sit on her head! 


That night, we had dinner at Roux for the first night of the inaugural Roswell Restaurant Week.  Wowza, what a feast!  On our menu:  Raw Oysters, Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing, Shrimp and Grits, and a beignet.  Savored every bit let me tell you.  Its such a cute little restaurant too.  Guy over in the corner playing acoustic guitar and singing, trendy people gabbing away, dim lights, cool decor.  You know, one of those quaint little places you fall in love with.  One of those where everybody knows your name.  Festive, delectably good food, warm, and even a little romantic too!


Sunday was yet another glorious day!  Church, then errands, then cuddle time, sleepy sleepy pup and kitty, and nachos.  Perfect ending to our fun wkend.




Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment