Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!! Woohooo, the countdown to the weekend has officially commenced!  As I mentioned in last Friday's post, I've decided that each Friday I will blog about my favorites.  Some new, fun items I've recently discovered and some staples.  Well, this Friday Favorite is a staple. 

My sweet, funny, loving husband. 


I once thought {after college and my career set in} that I would never ever ever be able to find a man that would love me as much as my daddy loves my mama.  Especially in Atlanta and especially this day in age.  Wow, strong words huh?  Well, they were strong feelings.  I was doubtful for sure.  For those of you who know my dad then you know those are tough shoes to fill to even come close to the man he is.  Close to the way he loves my mama.

My parents on their wedding day!



Strong, independent, resilient, capable, career oriented.  I had all those characteristics and certainly still do.  The lacking part, a mate to share my ethos, my ideals with.  To fall in love with, to build a friendship with.  A GOOD man.  Yes, I know caps lock means yelling...but a yell was necessary for that word!

As fate would have it, I met the most wonderful man and fell in love.  Not the kind of love that Carrie Bradshaw has for her Manolo's, not love like a man has for his car. I'm talkin Real_True_Genuine_Respectful_Can't live without you_Quintessential_Love.  And he loved me just like that right back.  We married in October and dated for about 3 years prior to our wedding.  He still amazes me everyday and no doubt will continue to as we advance in our marriage. 



So my Friday Favorite, my everyday favorite, is my husband.  The yin to my yang, the bubbles in my champagne!



I blog about food a lot, I know I know...geez.  Weird comparison, I suppose, but I think that the person you choose as your mate is a lot like food is to your body.  Food=nourishment and nutrients, which in turn,=good health.  Well, my sweet Husband=Food for my heart and soul. 


The biggest and most proud moment of my life hasn't been a career goal-even though I thought it so early on.  It was the day I married the love of my life, my best friend, the "food" to my heart and soul.


So, dear friends, I'll leave you with this. What is love in your life?  Love for your best friend that always has your back, love for your mother and father, love for your siblings, love for your boyfriend/fiance/husband.  Whatever love is in your life, the people that make your heart smile and you would do anything for...tell them how much they mean to you.  Tell them what their "food" brings to your heart and soul.



As for next week's Friday Favorites, I'll break out the superficial, fun stuff!  Ha! Do not want anyone to gag from my mushy blog : ) 

Love to all!  ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!!!  {there I go yelling again}

No comments:

Post a Comment