Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ree Drummond's Chicken Fried Steak

Ooops, I did it again.  This is an admission of guilt.  I've made yet another fattening supper!  We will be watching our waistlines a bit more closely come Spring.  Right now, however, with the cold, rainy weather outside, we're stickin to the stick to your ribs food inside.

Enter my new favorite on the Food Network...Ree Drummond.  LOVE her!  She has replaced Giada in my book.  That's pretty shocking coming from me {Dylan gasped when I disclosed this} but Giada's not bringin it like she once did.  So now, I rank them as follows:  1.  Ina  2. Ree  3. Giada

Ree's show {The Pioneer Woman} airs every Saturday at 10 am est.  She's very calm when she cooks and I adore that.  She's a wife, a mother, a cook, a photographer.  She even has a blog in her repertoire of skills.  A quite lovely one at that.  Filled with recipes, stories, great photos.  Check it out! http://thepioneerwoman.com/



It was her blog that led me to this decadent recipe...Chicken Fried Steak, a southern staple.  This was relatively easy to make.  Uh-oh! Another admission: Did.not.make.gravy.from.scratch.  Bought it.  Tisk, tisk I know!  Bad wife.  ; )

Okay, so get yourself ready...set up an assembly line {husband even helped with this and enjoyed it!} and go to work!


The full recipe is here, Chicken Fried Steak, and some photos below. 


Assembly line:  Meat, Wet Ingredients, Dry Ingredients
Hot hot hot!  Sizzle in canola oil for 2 1/2 mins per side

Serve with homemade mashed potatoes and crescent rolls.  I use my mixer to whip these taters and always add a little heavy cream along with skim milk, butter, sour cream, and a tbsp of mayonaise {sounds weird but it makes em scrumptious!}

Hubby's

Mine
Pair with your fave red wine. 
Ours: 14 Hands Cabernet {by way of Washington}
Feast on, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment