Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Favorites

I've made a decision.  A very important blog decision, that is. ; )  From now on, every Friday, I'd like to share some of my favorite things with you.  A lot of which I discover throughout each week and sometimes those good ole trusty staples that will forever be my favorites.  Wow, I sort of sound like Martha Stewart but I'll continue.  Enter: "Friday Favorites."  I hope you enjoy. Also, I feel that this new blog effort of mine could single handedly help stimulate the economy. Surely, this will cause a bevy of people to scurry out and purchase my faves.  Sighhh...a girl can dream, right? 

In all seriousness though, these are items I highly recommend.  I hope you enjoy these favorites and please share some of yours back with me.  Unfortunately,{and I warned of this in my first blog post that I'm quite moronic when it comes to blog knowledge} I have no clue if I've even selected the correct setting to allow for comments on here.  So with that, if you can't comment on here, feel free to email me with your favorites.  kellybnks@yahoo.com.  And by all means, pleeeeease somebody with blogspot.com call, email, send me a message in a bottle, etc. of how to change settings and design.  I have been able to change some things but geez this little guy needs some aesthetic work done a pronto! 

Let's begin!

1.  Super Slimming Herbal Tea by Triple Leaf.  This tea is warm and delicious.  Promotes cleansing and detoxification to boot!



2. Amy's Brown Rice and Veggies.  This is a nice relief from the dreaded Lean Cuisines I have for lunch during the work week.  I've had this particular rice bowl twice.  Once last week and once this week and it's really good.  It tastes fresh, not processed.  Publix carries this as well as the tea listed above.  I'm sure you can find them at your local grocer if a Publix isn't nearby.



3. Bolthouse Farm's Strawberry Banana Smoothie.  Scrumptious as an afternoon snack!  Loaded with vitamins and 3 3/4 servings of fruit.  Brilliant.  Same deal-purchased at Publix.



4.  Mason Jars as flower vases and candle holders.  As Dylan and I are working on the house, we're trying to cut costs as much as possible.  These old mason jars from my Grandmother's house have served as a lovely {and free!} way to showcase our fresh flowers and candles.  Try it.  Its super cute and as we all know, mason jars are all the rage these days.




5.  Found this little gem this week!  Home Goods has great deals on basically everything in the store.  My love of their kitchen supplies sends me there every once in a while.  Yesterday, I picked up a great bamboo cutting board for $5.99!  Its a perfect size for when you need to just chop one or two veggies.  For my case, it's onions.  I hate having to bust out my huge cutting boards for such a small task.  So this little beauty does the trick!



This worked out great for supper last night.  Side note: If husband wants McDonald's and you would instead prefer real food, chop up some onions throw them in with some brown and wild rice and soy sauce and you'll have a nice little meal.  I went a bit further on veggie overload and slow roasted a sweet potato with olive oil, thyme, and rosemary. Had that along with my rice and some yummy green beans.  Major veggie sesh!  All the while, silly hubs enjoys his processed, soy {is it even soy?}, greesy burger and fries.  To each his own : )  Can't say I haven't had my fair share of those cravings in the past!




Hope you enjoy some of these favorites of mine should you decide to try any of them. 

Coming up for us this weekend: A lovely time at home!  Yes, yes gone are the days of wishing, hoping, dreaming for a night out on the town in the ATL.  Every once in a while, yes, we still venture downtown.  We certainly still enjoy our fave restaurants on Canton Street {1 mile down the road}.  But mostly, we crave time at home.  Spending Saturday morning working on the house, the afternoon playing with our sweet pup and kitty, and the evenings either grilling or cooking in the kitchen...cozy fire and cuddling.  That's what's on tap for us this wkend!  And I can't wait!  : )

I'll leave you with some pics of our "babies."  Couldn't resist.  Afterall, they are my favorites too!

Look how big we're getting!





No comments:

Post a Comment