Monday, January 12, 2015

Fun Flower Arrangement

If you are like me, the cold, rainy weather after the holidays may be starting to wear you down a bit. Once the Christmas decor was put away and the sun decided to hide for a few days, I really needed a little pick me up!  That pick me up came in the form of a big ole Starbucks double tall salted caramel mocha and a fresh, fun new flower arrangement on my dining table!!

Here's an idea to perk up the inside and bring some brightness to the otherwise dreariness outside! 

I started with some Alstroemeria I found at Trader Joe's and tucked them into four mason jars with water. 




















Next, I placed the jars into a sweet little cottage, folk planter box I picked up at Home Goods.  There were five spots in the planter, so a white candle went into the center spot. 


















And what meal is complete without some yummy balsamic strawberries {recipe at the bottom of the post}. Can you tell I'm itching for Spring already?! ; )

The cute little paper plates are from Home Goods, as well.  I just adore gray and white stripes for any occasion. 
























The beautiful glasses are from my maternal Grandmother.  I think I inherited her affinity for pretty flowers and tablescapes!  She was quite the decorista!






Balsamic Strawberries:  

  • 1 carton fresh organic strawberries sliced
  • 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 tablespoon of granulated sugar {or more to your liking}

Simply stir this all together and leave in the fridge for about 30 mins to meld the flavors.  DIVINE!  We like them on top of brownies or eaten all by themselves with brunch! I think they would also make a mean topping to creme brulee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment