Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Meal Fit for a Queen!

Our big Christmas gift to each other this year came in the form of our new king size bed, so I surely haven't been expecting any more surprises.  This weekend, however, my sweet husband prepared a meal for me that was fit for a queen!  We put the baby to bed and he grilled out steaks and brought in Blue Point oysters from Whole Foods.  He cracked the oysters himself and threw those bad boys on some ice with lemon.  We had all the must-have accompaniments of course: Crackers, horseradish, cocktail and hot sauce. Even made some mignonette sauce!  My.absolute.fave.

We thoroughly enjoyed date night in our dining room. We played some Christmas music on our vinyl player and talked and talked.  I can sit and talk with him for hours!! What a joy. Thanks Dylan-for making me slow down a little and enjoy the best life has to offer...steak, oysters, and YOU! :)

Ribeye Steak 


BluePoints with Lemon 



Homemade Mignonette Sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment