Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Favorites

This week's Friday Favorites are all about FOOD!  I have been super duper healthy this week and I'm so badly craving some good eats this weekend!  With Dylan out of town for work this week and just me to keep things together on the home front with Brooks, I've had little time to eat much of anything anyway.  So today, I'm using my Friday Favorites to reminisce over meals past.  Here are some goodies from our favorite restaurants recently and a few treats we've had at home! 


Hawaiian Ahí Tuna Tartare at SIP.

Dylan and I have been to this cute little restaurant a few times and really enjoy the atmosphere and food.  My absolute favorite is the Hawaiian Ahi Tuna Tartare.  It's served with these really yummy wonton chips too :)  They have a delicious cheese board and I also recommend the shrimp and grits.  The whole menu is tapas so if you are looking for lighter fair and like to taste test a few different dishes, then you'll love this place!  If you are nearby, check it out!
 
 
Oysters Rockefeller at Hugo's.

We dined at Hugo's in Roswell last Saturday as mentioned {here} and really enjoyed the food and atmosphere.  It felt nice enough for a night out but still laid back to take our 10 month old.  Of course, we take advantage of the early bird special time frame to avoid any temper tantrums!  My fave was the Rockefeller and Dylan's was the raw Gulf Oysters.  I also recommend the Chicken and Andouille Gumbo.  The Tasso Ham Deviled Eggs were good, however, I would have liked more sriracha aioli on top.  They were a tad bland for our tastes.  The kicker was the cheesecake!! Brooks even had some and loved it!!! ;)
 
 

                                                             Photo via Hugo's Website


Shrimp and Grits at Table and Main.

I love every dish I've ever had at this restaurant but in choosing one it would be the shrimp and grits. The guys that own this restaurant have it down!  "Simple, seasonal and southern" is their motto. Um, yes please!!!  I adore it.  The outside patio, the friendly staff and the little library books they bring your check to you in that you get to autograph and write a little note.  Fun fun...so go go visit is all I have to say!  It's on Canton Street in Roswell.  And order the shrimp and grits!!


                                                      Photo via the Table and Main website



Homemade Guacamole.

I'm a sucker for any type of dip! And guac is a good, healthy, easy one to make.  This one is simple: avocado, diced red pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime and sea salt.  Sriracha on top!!  I like to serve it in a fun, decorative glass.  Just makes something simple look pleasingly complex.  I'm digging the multigrain tostitos these days with dips over pita chips or regular tostitos.  And who says paper napkins have to be dull?!  They always have cute ones at TJ Maxx and Home Goods for next to nothing! 



Lisa Laura Sour Poppers.

These little sour gummies are so good, y'all.  I could literally eat the whole bag myself...but I won't. I'll keep them out of sight and off my desk refrain.  The website has lots of other candy offerings as well but I'm a sucker for the sour! And let's be honest, anything that has burlap twine does it for me.  What a cute gift idea!  Stocking stuffer?  Tucked into a goodie basket for your kiddos?  Teacher gifts?  The possibilities are endless.




Up for the weekend: So excited to celebrate my dear, sweet friend, Caitlin's 30th birthday tomorrow night!! Wooop! A night out with all our favorite peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment