Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Decor 2012

I cannot believe another Christmas has come and gone already!  With the busy holiday season, I haven't had much time to blog so here I am finally! We wanted to share our holiday decor again this year.  I will admit, I relaxed a bit and everything isn't so matchy matchy as I would normally prefer.  My hubby loves lots of color and gravitates towards twinkle lights and tinsel {if you get my drift!}. This year, I gave in and have to admit I am still loving all the color and festivity around our home.  And with our two sweet new kittens playing with the low hanging ornaments on the tree {but thankfully not climbing it!} there hasn't been a dull moment. And we like it that way. : ) We'll keep our decorations up until New Years to enjoy it a teeny bit longer.












 









 



Our Advent "Crate"
We took an old coca~cola crate from our farm down south and turned it upright on its side and filled it with ornaments with numbers on them for each day of December.  The little faux tree in our dining room houses the ornaments.  So each day leading up to Christmas, Dylan and I added the ornament of the corresponding day of December to the tree.  Quite a fun, new tradition!  The advent crate starts on Dec 2 because the star on top of the tree was labeled for Dec 1.  {See topper with a 1 on it on pic of the tree below}.


 
 




We had a wonderful Christmas with my family and my mother~in~law who came along with us to South Georgia!  Hope all of you had a great Christmas as well! Happy New Year!


As always, I'll leave you with some pet pics!






No comments:

Post a Comment