Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Preserves

Happy Tuesday!  I wanted to share another great recipe with you.  This one, by way of Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.  I must say that she really does have practical, yet delish, easy weeknight meals.  Big ole thanks to my sis, Leah, for giving me her cookbook! Dylan thanks you as well : )

Let's get started.  You won't believe how easy this is!  The full recipe is also found {here}

Ingredients: 2 pork tenderloins {original, with no added flavoring}, Red wine vinegar {or white
if you have that on hand instead}, Herb de Provence, Peach preserves {or plum or fig}, and salt and pepper.

Salt and Pepper the pork, scatter the herb de provence over the plate and roll the pork
to coat with the spices.   See picture below.






Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place pork in baking dish or in a large skillet.

While the pork cooks in the oven, get started on your sauce!  One cup of peach preserves, one cup water, and 1 tbs
of vinegar all into a boiler and onto the stove.  Bring to a simmer {stir quite often} and then turn stove to low heat.
I also cooked a sweet potato in the microwave for my side dish
and hubs had a baked potato as his.  After my sweet potato cooked through, I scooped out the flesh into a bowl
and mixed in a bit of butter.  My side dish served as a bed for the pork once I plated it! The sweetness of the potato along with the savory depth of the spices on the pork were truly great compliments and tasted wonderfully together. I highly recommend this as your side dish! Sweet cream corn would also be lovely, or a carrot and beet puree.

Once pork is cooked through {it took ours about 25 mins}, place on a cutting board to let the pork rest.
Let it rest for about 10 mins before slicing to keep all the yummy juices in!




Time to plate! My favorite part! : ) Put down your sweet potato {or whatever side dish you choose} and place two
slices of the pork on top next to each other.  Then, spoon your sauce over the top and make sure to get some of those delish peach bits on your plate!!!  See photo below...

ENJOY!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment