Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Favorites

Yaaay!! Happy happy Friday! The weekend is upon us! The Bowden's are chillin out and spending the weekend at home finally.  Whew!  We need to catch up on some house work, yard work, and work in a little time for some R & R.  I am super excited, however, about Sunday evening Supper Club with the gals at Park Tavern.  That will be my social "outing" for the weekend and Dylan will be more than happy to spend some quality time with his guitar and/or tv while I'm gone for a few short hours.  : )

Other than that, tonight we'll be sticking to our tradition of Friday grilling!  Have a great wkend!

Here are my Friday Faves:

1. Cupcakes and Cashmere {the book}!  Much to my excitement, one of my favorite blogs has now leapt from the computer screen onto hardback!  Yes, http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/ is now in tangible book form.  Emily Schuman, the author and blogger, is so talented and has a great eye for style, design and entertaining.  You can pick up the book {here} or {here}
I thoroughly enjoy her blog but this little book is so fun and filled with fabulous tips and ideas.

Go get it gals!!!



Check out {this link} for a sneak peak!!!

2. Turkey Wrap with lettuce, shaved parm, greek yogurt, raisins and lite caesar dressing.  I needed a departure from my normal everyday lean cuisine lunch {dear Lord that gets old!} so I decided to make a little whole wheat turkey wrap for a couple days instead.  Since its so hot out, I was craving watermelon so I had that alongside. What a difference in my afternoon mental state!  All that sodium in the lean cuisines is really not good for you and I can tell I'm more awake and aware in the afternoon when I have fresh, minimally processed lunches. So this just a simple wrap with ingredients that sounded good to me.  Next week, I'll move onto a veggie only wrap of some kind{maybe even warmed up}.





3. Pier One's Citrus Cilantro Room Spray.  This room spray smells amazing!  Upon spraying it, you literally feel as if you've walked into the store.  Not overpowering, very light {trust me, I cannot stand heavy overpowering scents that knock you down the second you come in the door}.  I spray this on the carpet {not directly on it, holding back the bottle about 2 feet away} prior to vacuuming. The warmth of the vacuum on the carpet helps the scent to linger a bit longer.  Highly recommend!  Find it {here}

And if your feeling frisky, you can really go all out and purchase the same scent in candles, reed diffusers, paper sachets, and potpourri!




4. New York Color Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Plaza Plumberry.  I busted out the dark nailpolish the other day for a break from the vibrant, neon colors I've been wearing lately.  While I adore those bright colors {and am sure I'll paint my nails hot pink or orange in a few short days} it has been nice to see the dark polish again.  I think my desire for Fall to come as soon as possible has played a part in the need to go dark again! Either way, I love this color and its super glossy compared to most dark colors which can almost look matte after a day or two.
You can find it {here} or at any Target store near you!  I think its $0.99 at Target.




5. Birthdays!!  I love birthday celebrations in general but I specifically wanted to share baby Sushi {our little kitten's} very 1st birthday!  I sound silly I suppose but this little furry, rambunctious fellah has captured our hearts and we wanted to celebrate him! {...and yesssss, we sang happy birthday...and put a candle in his canned tuna! ha!}.



No comments:

Post a Comment