Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Favorites

TGIF!  And helloooo...Memorial Day weekend is upon us! Much on the agenda for the Bowden's.  Husband is not gonna like this part but, of course, I have a list a mile long of household/yard chores.  In addition to my list, I have carved out time to pay some much needed attention to my little garden, Abbey needs a good ole walk at the river, and the idea of sleeping in a little tomorrow is quite appealing. 

Never fear, we won't be spending all our time on chores.  There is enough time for work and fun!! I can already smell our grill with Dylan cookin up some bbq chicken, t-bones, and corn on the cob!  Now that I have the secret to my Mama's delish baked beans, I think I'll tackle whipping some of those up as well.  Ahhh these thoughts make work today a bit easier to get through! 

Since it's been a while, I'll share my Friday Faves!  Hope everyone has a fun, safe Memorial Day weekend.  And let's all keep in mind what Memorial Day represents and be grateful to the brave men and women who lost their lives defending our great country! 

1. Mini Golf!  Dylan and I enjoyed a fun outing to Aurora Cineplex to their mini-golf course last weekend.  Fun, cheap way to enjoy a Saturday.

Don't I look like a professional? : )


Hole in 1!

Second hole in 1!  Guess who won the game?

Poor me, putting is not my strong suit.



2. Dylan's Fried Chicken.  I must say I was shocked when he told me he wanted to actually fry chicken himself!  It was super delish and I'm not even a fried chicken fan {gasp, yes I know I'm southern and I should be shot for saying this but I've just never been too fond of it...until now!}

Made his own marinade!



And breading!
He set up his assembly line! {See, he's taken
some notes from his wife!}

Yum!  And he served the chicken alongside curly fries.  I was blown away!

3. Windowsill flowers.  So pretty to look at in the morning and while I'm cooking dinner at night.  I adore fresh flowers in our home! 




4.  Peppers and grape tomatoes from my garden.  Both have really seemed to flourish despite my neglect on the garden as of late.  This weekend, as I mentioned, I'll give it some tons of TLC. 

These two items are great to have on hand for homemade salsa! Here's a pic of a few of them.




5.  Our sweet puppy and kitty...again.  What can I say?  I just can't brag on them enough : )
They are growing so fast!  Look how big!


No comments:

Post a Comment