Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Favorites

F.R.I.D.A.Y!!!!  'Nuff said.  Celebrate and enjoy your weekend!  Up for us: grilling tonight {probably with a little added fire pit action to keep us cozy while we grill in the brisk Roswell air}, cleaning tomorrow as well as prepping the garden and some more DIY projects for me, Sunday church, maybe a little thrift store fun, a walk with Abbey and much needed relaxation time! 

Here are my Friday Favorites:

1.  Peacock Feathers.  They are truly delightful to decorate with.  Yet another 'big-on-style' item as our friends, Mr. Burlap and Mrs. Mason Jar.  I put peacock feathers in a floor vase in our dining room beside the china cabinet for a little color and richness.  I purchased mine at 425 Market Place Antiques in Roswell {check them out on facebook}.  Most craft and fabric stores carry them now as well.  Michael's does for sure!




2. Takeout sushi from Zest.  Divine.  My fave, the Super Crunch Roll and 2 pieces of Salmon nigiri. Perfect for a night when we have just enough leftovers for Dylan and I need something just for me.  {Note: Husband doesn't care for sushi at all. Well, he cares for our kitten Sushi, just not the food!}. Hence, a great opportunity for me to indulge in one of my favorite foods while he's still happy as a clam with his leftovers.


3.  Vintage red velvet pumps c/o Lily James' Vintage.  Check out the Etsy Shop.  I purchased these a few weeks ago and am in love!!!  Thanks CC!  They are perfect with skinny jeans or black leggings.  They are super comfy and for a true vintage shoe, they are in fantastic shape.  My love of all things vintage led me to this purchase.  If you share such a passion, I highly recommend taking a gander through the etsy link posted above.  Also, check it out on facebook.


Here's Christie's pic.  Mine above it is a bit blurry.


4.  Rex-Goliath Cabernet.  Perfect to pair with steak dinners, any red meat for that matter.  Its great for cooking purposes, for de-glazing.  {Note: Never use a wine to cook with that you wouldn't drink!  It won't bode well for you or your dish~at all.  This is a tip from my girl, Ina Garten}.  This particular wine is a fave of mine and Dylan's and it's not expensive in the least.  Total Wine sells it for only $4.47 a bottle.  YES, you read correctly! Not $40 not $14 but $4.  Grocery store chains, however, you're looking at around $9 or $10.  Total Wine is waaaay less expensive. 



5.  One of my favorite new blogs to follow...here's the link to Mini Manor.  I came across this one somehow while perusing Pinterest.  And so glad I did!  Its filled with fun recipes, DIY ideas, decorating tips, the works! Check it out.

Have a fab weekend!  





No comments:

Post a Comment