Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Chicago!

Two weekends ago, I joined my hubs in Chicago after he'd been there during the work week for training.  This was the first time I actually got on a plane and left Brooks!  I was a bit frazzled for a few days leading up to our trip in fear that I wouldn't be able to actually get on the plane and leave our baby toddler, I should say.  

After much prayer and talking to friends and family, leave I did.  I know it's super duper important to do things with just Dylan sans baby B every once in a while. My sweet mama and daddy kept Brooks for the weekend and I knew he was in great hands which was a big relief!  He just adores Grandma and Grandpa! They had a blast as did Dylan and I.  

Here are the spots we checked out while in Chi-town.  It was a short trip and I'd surely like to go back in the Spring or Summer. 

Our hotel, The Palomar, was my choice after doing research and finding that Gwyneth Paltrow frequents that hotel when she goes to Chicago.  Duh- so of course we'd stay there!  I just love her.  Consciously, that is.  ; )





Photos above via google images

















Can you tell I'm excited?!




Our room was on the top floor with a cool city view!  The hotel also offers a wine tasting every night in the lobby....for FREE!  We met some great people there too which was fun! 

On Friday night we dined at RPM Italian, the restaurant owned by Giuliana and Bill Rancic.  It was FANTASTIC!!!  I highly recommend it and will no doubt go back to visit next time we go to Chicago.  Every single course was perfect.  It couldn't have been a better experience!









This was pretty funny below.  As we were served the pasta dish, one of our waiters cracked open an egg and mixed it in! We were a tad confused at first but it was DELISH!! Note: Dylan's funny facial expression. ; )


Then, Saturday, we slept in a little and I phoned the concierge to get the run down on what we should do in our short time there.  He gave some suggestions and we mapped out our route.  

This pic below is by the lobby fireplace where we had some coffee before leaving the hotel Saturday morning for our first adventure. They also had a hot chocolate bar set up which was super cute! To be so charming and high end, I was pleasantly surprised to see how kid-friendly this hotel was!




Our lunch spot Hub 51 was amazing!  I got this really yummy Tuna and Thai Basil sushi roll.  It was hands down the best sushi roll I've ever eaten.  And lemme tell ya, I'm hard to please with sushi rolls.  It was VERY good!!  Dylan got the chicken nachos and loved them as well!






We went to the SkyDeck {Sears aka Willis Tower}. Oh my goodness.  We got out on the ledge just barely to take some pics.  We both felt like we were going to faint but we had to take charge and get with the program.  There were 10 year old kids on the thing so, by gosh, we were getting on it too! 











View from 103 stories high!






Next up on our Chicago agenda was the famous Bean.  We ventured around and took some pics. Then, went over to a nearby Starbucks to fuel up before heading to shop on the Magnificent Mile!  We even picked up a Good Night Chicago book for Brooks as a souvenir!  We read Good Night Moon to him every night before bedtime now, so this seemed only fitting to bring back as his little gift.












Check out the icy water!  I've never worn so many layers of clothes in my life! 



After our calorie burning walk and shopping excursion, we stopped for an afternoon snack at Portillo's.  Mmmm good! 





Then, we headed back to the hotel to rest up, call to check on Brooks and get ready for the evening.  




We dined at Chicago Cut Steakhouse.  The view was super cool as the restaurant sits right on the water with huge floor to ceiling glass windows.  We I really hoped to see a celebrity but no luck.  Maybe next time! 



After dinner we went to The Redhead Piano Bar which we thought had dueling pianos but there was just one piano man. Still a little confused about that but it was fun, nonetheless!  You gotta be ready to wait in line though!  It's quite the popular joint.  The crowd sings along with the entertainment, which is really fun!

Then, we headed back home on Sunday to love on baby Brooks!!!  We had such a great, much needed mini vacay!  Of course, we missed this guy tons and couldn't wait to get back to kiss those sweet lil cheeks!!








No comments:

Post a Comment