Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Sweet and Spicy Glazed Chicken Wings

Last weekend, I came up with an original recipe for baked chicken wings! When my sweet husband forgot the sauce I'd requested he pick up at the grocery store, I was forced to get creative and make my own.  Surprisingly, it turned out wonderfully!! 

I'll tell ya what I did...

Chicken Wings:

  • Salt and Pepper chicken wings and place them onto a baking sheet lined with foil {I also sprayed a bit of PAM onto the foil}.
  • Brush the tops of the wings with olive oil and bake at 350 for about 25-30 mins.  
  • Take them out and let them rest on your counter so the juices can re-distribute.

Glaze: 

  • In a medium saucepan, saute 1 minced garlic clove and 1 finely chopped shallot in about 2 tbsp butter. 
  • Add in 1/2 cup grape jelly {or more if you are feeding a large crowd} and 2 tbsp of sriracha {more if you like it super hot!} and bring to a low, rumbling boil.  Stir often so it doesn't stick and burn! 
  • Add in 1 heaping tbsp Worcestershire sauce and reduce heat to a low simmer.
  • Turn the heat off and let the sauce cool and thicken. 
  • Then, brush the sauce over the wings and place back into the oven on 350 for 5-10 mins so the wings heat through and the sauce coats the wings thoroughly. 
  • Give them a toss and transfer to a pretty serving platter. 

Ta~da!!!  I added some julienned carrots to our platter.  I think a fresh sprinkling of parsley would be lovely if I'd had it on hand.  



We had this along with a cheese plate {of course!} as our Sunday Super Bowl feast.


Excuse the baby monitor in the photo.  I don't go far from that thing when B's asleep ; )


Mmmmm good!!  Hope you give my little recipe a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment