Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Charleston Cheese Dip

Guys, this dip is really yum.  I originally found the recipe on Pinterest {where else?!} and discovered it actually came from none other than Georgia country gal, Trisha Yearwood!! Smart lady. Great voice. Fantastically, simple recipe. 

Here is the recipe below.  I made it to take to a friends house a few weekends ago and I made it again last night!  Needless to say, I suggest you give it a go and see how you like it.

Thanks Trisha!!!  You've been officially added to my dip repertoire. 





Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • 1 dash cayenne pepper  {I used about 3 dashes and we added sriracha on top after it was cooked}
  • 8 butter crackers, crushed, such as Ritz
  • 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • Corn chips, crackers or bagel chips, for serving  {we like corn chips and tostitos}

Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  • In a medium size bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar, Monterrey jack cheese, green onions and cayenne pepper. {Idea: I think black beans or diced tomato would be a nice addition to this as well and will add them both next time}
  • Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish or pie pan. 
  • Top the mixture with the cracker crumbs {I use Ritz crackers} and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
  • Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon {I use the microwavable bacon to save on time}.
This dip would be great for the Super Bowl or when ya really just feel like eatin' some cheese and bacon! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment