Friday, January 16, 2015

2015 Wish List

While making my New Year's Resolution list, I decided to also make a wish list of sorts for 2015.  While we have our normal monthly responsibilities, ya know: bills, daycare expenses, savings, and that new fence and pressure washing we simply have to take care of in the Spring {blah, blah, blah}, I wanted to put my fun little wish list out into the universe so that maybe...just maybe a few can be attained this year!  Here's hoping!


1.  This beauty from Wayfair for our new bed.  It's super affordable! 






2. A reclaimed headboard project I've hinted about to my dad. ;) Something similar to this guy for the main guestroom. I think it would transition nicely for Brooks when he's old enough for a big boy bed.  This pic is via Pinterest but I'm desiring a dark wood stain since we have crisp, white bedding!

3.  White cabinetry for the kitchen.  Unfortunately, we have that light faux wood look right now and boy am I ready for a change!! Since the remodel I truly wanted isn't in the cards right now {unless we win the lottery!}, a fresh paint job will have to do.  This will be mine and Dylan's undertaking. Painting + marriage= true love. Right? Hopefully, we can get through it without having to enter marriage counseling! ;) I'm going for a look similar to this since we have the dark floors. This pic would be a dream kitchen for me, so imagine our modest version to be toned down a bit and smaller. I've already changed out my hardware and am close to gettin' out mah paintbrush!



4.  An updated entry light fixture.  The shiny gold, glass monstrosity of a light fixture we currently have hanging from the previous owners has just got to go!  Oh my gosh, every time I look at it, it reminds me of the decor in the house from Three Men and A Baby {remember that movie?!}. Yeesh...waaaay outdated.  I'm going for one of these looks below.  These are from Shades of Light and Wayfair. I've also been told that Home Depot has some good choices. 





5.  Last but not least, a back porch swing!  I really yearned for this last year but we had too much going on to take time and focus on it.  We adore sitting on our back porch, grilling and dining al fresco in the Spring and Summer.  A new swing would be a great addition! I daydream of me swinging in this one below with my sweet baby Brooks.  He would love it. 
Somebody hand me a sweet iced tea in a mason jar and I'll gladly sit here! 


What are some things on your 2015 wish list??

No comments:

Post a Comment