Thursday, October 30, 2014

Fall Tablescape

Well hello there, Fall!  I adore this time of year. The colors, the food, the outdoor festivities, fall clothes, fireplaces {I could go on and on}.  Everyone just seems a little happier overall it seems.  Me included!  October has been pretty mild as far as the temp change, so I'm really loving that today has been quite chilly!

After putting Brooks down the other night, I played around with two fall tablescapes...one we'll keep set that is pretty yet casual and one that is a bit more dressed up for those fancy date nights in {which we do often when our one year old goes to bed!} and for impromptu little dinner parties! I decided to share the casual fall tablescape with you today! 


Casual.



I sometimes like a stacked look for a casual place setting instead of the standard layout.  So I did plate_ bowl_ mason jar inside the bowl_ napkin and fork tucked inside.  You can tuck in a spoon and knife depending on what you're serving and what utensils are required.



My large vases are filled with mini pumpkins and a variety of gourds from a local farmer's market.  I tried to incorporate as many colors as possible for the casual vibe.  For a dressier tablescape, however, I like a more monochromatic and streamlined approach.

I also like the napkin this way with the fork tied with raffia.  And depending on the meal, I would throw in a few more things here as well.  For example, if I was serving my Pancetta Sage Turkey, I would tuck in some sage leaves along with the fork in the napkin.  If I was serving a side of acorn squash, I would add in some whole acorn squash to my glass vases along with the pumpkins and gourds...just in an effort to tie everything together for a cohesive look!

 
 
For the middle of the table, between the vases, I used a white pumpkin on top a plate filled with dried {store bought} fall leaves. Just an easy way to add in more fall flair.
 


 



























Shopping Sources...
Plates:  Pier One
Bowls:  Dollar Tree {yep!}
Table Runner:  Home Goods
Large Glass Vases:  Home Goods
Red and White Checked Napkins: Pier One
Mason Jars: Target {I use these all the time, especially for sweet tea!}
Forks: Dillard's
Leaves: Home Goods
Raffia: Joanne's Fabric/Michael's

We all get super busy and life is truly hectic at times but I really like to do special things like this. No matter if they are way over the top or something really simple.  Just to add some fun into the mix, ya know!  There is something so calming to me about decorating things or "adding some pretty"...even when I'm worn out at the end of a long day.  It's like yoga to me.  Or a nice bubble bath! What relaxes you at the end of a long day?!

Happy Fall Y'all!! :)  How is it already almost November?!

No comments:

Post a Comment