Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!  Oh, what a week.  What a super long week.  So looking forward to the weekend {as I always am}!  Dylan and I have a fun weekend ahead of us...I'll update ya next week on what we're up to! : )  Tonight, you guessed it, we grill.  I am making a little side pasta dish with some of the leftover veggies and toppings from our homemade pizza {as mentioned here} the other night.  Looking forward to that and to see what I can come up with and if it'll be a keeper in the recipe box.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with fun!!  Here are my Friday Faves:

1. Peach Mango Habanero Chevre. I've mentioned this before {here} and can't seem to shake the desire to devour it again!!  It comes in a small little package because a little bit goes a long way.  It's great smeared on a warm french baguette.  I mean, it's just divine.  Oh me and my love for good cheese!  I blame this particular love for the extra nudges up on the scale every now and again : )

This glorious cheese came from Roswell Provisions where Caly Road, a local creamery, showcased a few of their flavors.  The sun-dried tomato basil is good too but, frankly, this one knocked my socks off!!  Slightly sweet with a kick from the habanero and soooo creamy and perfect.  The contact info is on my pic below or drop on into Roswell Provision and scoop some up!  You'll thank me!



2. Yellow Flowers.  Not sure why I'm on the yellow kick but the last few times I've purchased fresh flowers I've gone yellow.  The latest: bright yellow sunflowers and mini yellow roses.  Yellow is bright and cheery so they liven up the place which I love!  The brighter and crisper the house is, the better it looks and feels.  I love dim downed lights for a dinner party, for sure, but for us moving about daily and me fishing for or completing some DIY projects, I like to have the house bright and airy.  Mission accomplished with yellow flowers!


Snapped this pic when I was setting up for our friends to come over for light appz and cocktails
before our amazing dinner at Little Alley a few weekends ago.  See how pretty and bright the sunflowers are?!?


Pretty little mini yellow roses


I stuck the mini roses in with some greenery, hypericum berries, and white Gerber daisies
 3.  Engraved Bowl.  This pretty little bowl was a wedding gift from my bro-in-law's mama and daddy.  So thoughtful and we adore it!!  It has our names and wedding date around the rim of the inside.  The polka dots add a touch of whimsy which I love!  I'm not sure exactly where she purchased ours but to my surprise I found a store in Roswell that sells them!  The Chandlery has some very very similar to this...almost identical!  This makes a great wedding or shower gift.



4.  Trader Joe's Organic Brown Rice.  I've posted about this rice before {here } and I like it so much I thought I'd mention it again!  This is a staple in our freezer now and literally requires no effort to make...you just microwave it!  I like to add veggies and make a little stir fry with it but it's great all by itself too!  If you need a super fast, yummy side dish then go to Trader Joe's and pick this up in the freezer section!!


 
My version with the added veggies!  I like asparagus, onions, and mushrooms in mine.
 
5.  Another Birthday Celebration!!!!  Our little kitten Sushi recently turned one year old and now our little huge sweet puppy Abbey has followed suit.  Abbey turned one year old yesterday!!!  It was next to impossible to take good photos because she was literally all over the place!  Can't believe how fast she's grown!!  We love her so much and she really is our first "kid."  She gobbled down this smelly beefy canned food and licked her lips for a while!  Happy girl : )






Dylan tried his best to get good pics but she was so excited it was hard to get her to sit still!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment